23 september 2016

Hello Friday... I am getting closer to my dark side


We may need an extra house. Huh? What? Yes... I don't have just one love for an interior style and the ones I like don't go together all that well. One is Scandinavian light and simple like in the previous post (not empty house design like but where items have function and are desirable to look at) and the other one is a dark comfortable cave with lucious flowers, deep dark colours, combined with woods and soft fabrics such as velours that make you want to caress them. To channel my love and gather inspiration I've made a new board on Pinterest. My 'INTERIOR - LOVE THE DARKNESS' board filled with dark goodness.

I've selected a few products as my Favorite Friday to show you what I mean. They would all go so well in my cave of comfort. Some of them I've sources through Pinterest and some by following the hashtag of recent interior exhibitions in Europe such as Maison et Objet in Paris and Formex in Sweden. I visited Show Up myself and there you could also see the dark colours being used as wall colour of many of the booths. 




I love this loveseat type of 'banquette' in a deep green velours fabric by the French HonorĂ©. Great use of different types of material which keep it modern and light even when a heavy fabric such as velours was used. 









Another brand that understands what I mean with LOVE THE DARKNESS is HK Living. Not ready to paint a wall in a dark colour? Than maybe their XXL palm tree wall hanger is more to your liking. Their collection is often shown in Australian magazines that I used to read when we lived in Singapore. I am proud that this is a Dutch brand, I remember how they started with Swedish style tables and serving trays and look at them now!

So... If anyone has a house they're not using. I can drop by to collect the key no problem!

Enjoy the weekend.
X Caroline

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten